BHMCT Key Highlights
- Course Level: Graduation
- Duration: 4 years
- Examination type: Degree
- Eligibility: 10+2
- Admission Process: Entrance exam based/Merit-based
- Average Tuition Fee ( Approx): INR 2.5 to 5 Lakhs
- Average Salary (per annum): INR 2 to 5 Lakhs
- Top Recruiting Organization: Radisson Hotel, Taj Group, ITC Hotel, Hilton, Cox & Kings, Hyatt, Thomas Cook, Oberoi Hotels, etc.
- Job Profiles: Front Office Executive, Restaurant Manager, Steward, Sous Chef, Lobby Manager, Bartender, Host/Hostess, etc.
About BHMCT in Hotel Management and Catering Technology Course
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology or BHMCT is an undergraduate degree course that is offered at the university level in India. It generally requires three years to complete when done on regular basis. Students can also pursue this course through distance learning however the duration, in this case, can vary.
Purpose of the course:
This course helps to educate students with the thorough understanding and professional skills needed in the field of hospitality.
Why study BHMCT?
BHMCT offers exciting challenges and opportunities for students. It focuses on critical analysis of management styles and helps to enhance strategic thinking that is required to succeed in hotel management.
- There is no minimum age limit for applying for an undergraduate course.
- Students applying for this course must have completed their Senior Secondary (10+2) or any equivalent from a recognized board.
- The percentage of aggregate requirements vary from college to college. SC/ ST students have 5% of relaxation in the minimum aggregate.
Food Production and Nutrition, Aviation Industry, House Keeping Operations, Beverage Services, Corporate Sector, Human Resource Management, Front Office Operations, and there are many more job areas where BHMCT graduates can apply.
Private Sector Career Options
- Front Office Executive
- Assistant Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Sous Chef
Private Employment Area
- Guest Houses
Public Employment Area
- Educational Institutions
- Ministry of Railways
- Ministry of Tourism
Top Recruiting Companies
|Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology [BHMCT]
||Entry Level Salary (LPA)
||Medium Salary (LPA)
||Maximum Salary (LPA)
|Front Office Executive