CEED Entrance Exam

Common Entrance Examination for Design Entrance Exam

  • PG Courses
  • National Level Exam
  • Admit Card

    December 2018
  • Application Dates Online

    November 2018-November 2018
  • Examination Date

    January 2019
  • Result Announce Date

    March 2019


CEED is a course of master in design and phd programmes. It is conducted by Indian Institute of Bombay(IITB).Candidates who are interested in the master in design courses, must apply for the Common Engineering Entrance Examination fFor Design course. IITB is one the best best Institute of India. IIT, Bombay conducted this CEED once in a year for admission in Combined degree in Design courses

1 Name Common Entrance Examination For Design
2 Commonly Called as CEED
3 Exam Mode Offline (OMR - Optical Marks Recognition)+ Online
4 Counselling Type National Level
5 Number of candidates Around 50000
6 Category PG Exam
7 Conducting authority Indian Institute of technology, Bombay
Get latest notifications about CEED Entrance Exams 2019 through e-mail/sms by entering the details:


1 CEED 2018 Application Starts October 2018
2 Last Date To ApplyFor CEED November 2018
3 CEED 2018 Admit Card January, 2019
4 CEED 2018 Exam Date March, 2019
5 Result April, 2019


  • Candidate must qualify the Degree in any stream. Must secure at least 55% in each subject
  • Students, who appear for CEED examinations in March/April and expect to secure minimum marks in their 12th or equivalent, may also apply
  • Candidates must be born on or after July 1, 1991


  • Registration: The candidates have to register themselves using their email id and date of birth.

  • Filling CEED 2018 Application Form: Personal, academic and contact details have to be filled by the candidates.

  • Upload Photograph and Signature: A photograph and signature of the candidates as per the required specifications will have to be uploaded.

  • Payment of fee: The application fee has to be paid through online via net banking/credit card/debit card/cash card/mobile wallet or offline mode (demand draft).


Part A of CEED exam consists of objective type questions – MCQ, MSQ and NAT. Candidates need to attempt CEED Part A exam on a computer. Questions asked in this section of CEED exam are from topics such as visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity. CEED Part A Test Pattern

CEED Part B Test Pattern

Part B of CEED paper comprises of questions to test an aspirant's design, drawing and writing skills. In CEED Part B exam questions are displayed on a computer screen and candidates need to solve them on an answer booklet provided by the invigilator.

There are 8 questions in CEED Part B exam. The marking scheme is such that question number 1-5 in CEED exam are of 50 marks each and candidates have a choice to attempt any one of these questions.

Note: Part A of CEED 2018 will be considered as a screening exam. Thus, students who have been shortlisted in this test will be evaluated for Part B of the exam. However, only the scores of candidates in Part B will be used to prepare the merit list for CEED 2018.

CEED Score

The final CEED score of candidates is determined by giving 25% weightage to marks obtained by candidates in Part A and the remaining 75% weightage is determined basis scores obtained in CEED Part B exam.


Visualisation and spatial abilityEnvironmental and social awarenessAnalytical and logical reasoning
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions

understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects

their spatial relationships

knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc

their implications on the design of products


infrastructure and environment.

Awareness of social and cultural connection with design,

history of the designed artefact,

and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.

History of art, sculpture and literature.
Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information

Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria

Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.

Ability to use logic

structured thinking to deduce from a short passage,

which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question

Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.

Ask any question about CEED?

Get answers from our experts

Want help with admissions?

Leave us your details and we will contact you
  • I accept T&C and allow AllSchoolsColleges to contact me