Fashion Merchandising is one of the specializations that a person can choose while pursuing Bachelor of Design. Bachelor of Design in Fashion Merchandising is a 3 year undergraduate degree course. This course enables a student to learn about the Fashion Industry and business nuances. The course encompasses the study of advertising, promotions, store planning and visual merchandising. The degree teaches a student the art of selling a fashion product. The candidates who are interested in learning about the Fashion Industry and Fashion Business should pursue this Course. This course is also beneficial for those who want to work in the retail industry or open their own Fashion retail outlets.
- To seek admission in this course, you must have passed your 10+2 or equivalent exam in any stream from a recognized board or university.
- You might also have to appear in an entrance exam in order to seek admission in some of the prestigious institutions.
Bachelor of Design in Fashion Merchandising typically encompasses the study of the following:
- Fashion Retailing
- Fashion Marketing
- Understanding the Fashion Industry
- Basics of Business
- Advertising and Promotion in Fashion
- Merchandise Buying Procedures
- Concept of Fashion Merchandising
- Visual Merchandising Techniques
- Store Layout
- Studying Fashion Trends
- Predicting Fashion Trend
- Inventory and Stock Management
- Product Assortment
- Quality Assessment
After attaining the degree of Bachelor of Design in Fashion Merchandising, you would be able to work as an Assistant buyer at any Fashion House. You can also work as a Product Line Manager or a Visual Merchandiser in the Fashion Retail Industry. You can also work as a Design Development Coordinator. You can also work as a Market Research Trainee in Fashion Retail Industry. You can also pursue a Master’s degree in Fashion Merchandising. You can also open your own boutique or Fashion retail store.