Studies in India:
- B.A, B.Sc. and B. Com. Like courses for graduation degree.
- All master and Ph. D. courses
- Most of the professional courses which generally includes engineering, computer, management, law, dental, medical, veterinary and agriculture
- Course like CA and CFA etc.
- IIM, IIT, NIFT or such recognized institutes courses
- Courses in India from foreign university for Indian students.
- Some other degree / diploma courses from the institute which is recognized by the university or central / state government
- Various B. Ed., nursing and teacher training courses do also come under it.
- Only job oriented course of graduation.
- MBA, MCA or MS like post-graduation courses
- Diploma courses from any one of the foreign university are also eligible under the education loaning scheme of Punjab and Sind bank
- Courses from CIMA and CPA
Expenses that can be considered for granting loan
- Fee which is to be paid to school / college / purchasing of books / hostel / uniforms / equipment / passage money for abroad studying / other sundry travel expenses.
- Expenses which are considered necessary for the development of student like computer and research / project work etc.
Amount of loan granted
Amount of loan is 10 lakhs Rs for studying in India and it is 20 lakhs Rs for the case if student like to study abroad
- General public
- For loans up to 4 lakhs - 12.75 %
- For loans range between 4 - 7.5 lacs - 13 %
- For loans above than 7.5 lacs - 12.25 %
- 0.5 % concession for the girl students
- Processing fee is Nil for Indian students studying in India
- Processing fee is 2000/- Rs for Indian students studying abroad
Repayment holiday is usually the course duration plus the moratorium period. Moratorium period is which is lower of course duration + 1 year or course duration + 6 months of job. ie. for upto 7.5 lacs its 10 years while 15 years for more than 7.5 lacs.
- No security for studying in India
- Simple third party / collateral guarantee for loan from 4 lacs up to 7.5 lacs
- Both collateral as well as third party guarantee is needed for loans more than amount 7.5 lakhs
- Nil margins for loan of 4 lakhs
- 5 % margin for loans of greater than 4 lakhs and studying in India
- 15 % margin for loans of greater than 4 lakhs and studying out of India
- All past academic record of student
- Application form
- Proof of residence / identity / birth /admission in college
- Security / collateral security if needed