Loyola high school, Patna established in 1969 is a christian minority institution run by the society of Montfort brothers of St. Gabrial, Ranchi Province.
Intially affiliated to Bihar School Examination Board since 1976 it switched over its affiliation to Central Board of secondary education in1993. The senior secondary section with PCM and PCB was introduced in 2000. The commerce and computer streams were initiated in 2003.
The school has prospered over the years into one of the premier educational institution of Bihar and Jharkhand with its motto of "daily towards progress”.
The school envisions is to develop a knowledge based society with clarity of thoughts and clarity in deeds committed to serve humanity with integrity. The aim of Loyola High School is to offer holistic education empowering the youth to be leaders of tomorrow; men and women of competence and conscience diligence and discipline.
ADMISSION TO CLASS – 1
ADMISSION TO CLASS II TO VIII
- Application forms for admission are issued to the children of Montessori Montfort Home in the month of February and to the others later on casual vacancies, if any.
- The registration form must be submitted on time along with two photographs with parents and proof for date of Birth.
- The age of candidates must be between 5 and 6 years.
- The selected candidates are admitted on remitting the prescribed fees and on producing the original School Leaving Certificate.
- Application forms for the Entrance Test and interview are issued on producing the Progress Report issued by a recognized school and proof for date of Birth, depending on the availability of seats.
- The registration forms must be submitted on time along with two photographs with parents and a photocopy of date of Birth certificate issued by recognized school.
- No Private candidate shall be allowed for the Entrance Test.
- The selected candidates are admitted on remitting the prescribed fees and on producing the transfer certificate issued by a recognized school and two photographs with parents.
ADMISSION TO CLASS XI
Pre-requisite for obtaining application form
- Candidate must have an aggregate of 80% marks in the board examination.
- The aggregate percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics and science should not be less than 85%, and not less than 80% individually in either of these subjects.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of 75% marks in the board examination.
- The aggregate percentage of marks obtained in Mathematics and science should not be less than 75%, and not less than 70% individually in either of these subjects.
Apart from minimum qualification prescribed by the CBSE, The school will consider the following for admission to class XI.
- Excellent academic performance in the All India Secondary School Examination, the Entrance test, the Pre Board Examination and the class IX examination.
- Regularity in Attendance in class IX and X. Those who have less than 80% attendance in class X shall not be considered.
- Character and conduct of the candidates must be to the full satisfaction of the school management represented by the Secretary and the Principal.
All the candidates seeking admission to the Plus Two course in this school have to appear for Plus Two entrance test/interview.