St. Francis Xavier Girls High School
- 49, Promenade Road , Cleveland Town,
- Bangalore, Karnataka
- Girls School
The privilege of a good education is one of the greatest gifts of God made available through dedicated people. Without educators, who are visionaries, it is impossible to build a great institution. In 1886 Bishop Coadou through the persistent efforts of Fr. Jansoone authorized St. Joseph of Tarbes to take over the St. Francis Xavier Primary school.
Sisters Anna Marie, Julie Marie, Marie Henrietta, Marie Dolores and Marie Beatrice after qualifying for their teaching apostolate in England, took charge of St. Francis Xavier’s parish school on 3rd June, 1889 and so the seed was planted in a tiny house on St. John’s Hill. The sisters met with tremendous difficulties which they faced with faith and sacrifice. To start with they admitted only European and Eurasian girls. The beginnings were marked by the seal of suffering. There were many restrictions imposed on the sisters. The school would remain lower secondary school. No music lessons were to be given and no boarders were to be taken. Sr. Julie Marie was appointed Head Mistress on 9th Sept 1890. The original site soon proved too small for the rapidly growing school. Rev. Mother Anselm and Bishop Kleiner of Mysore with Fr. Jasoone Parish Priest of St. Francis Xavier church looked for a more suitable place. A large plot opposite to St. Johns church was purchased in 1891 and the foundation for the new school was laid on 24th Feb 1892. Fr. Bareille supervised the construction of the building until its completion. The cost of the two storey building was Rs. 12190/-. All the wood needed for the building was obtained from the government by Mr. Thamboo Chetty. The building was completed by the end of 1893. The number of pupils were 47. There were three teachers, Head Mistress, Mary Powell, teachers Elizabeth Buckley and Harriet Buckley. On 9th September 1890 Sr. Julie Marie was Head mistress of SFX School. She asked for the grant in aid received from 1882, be raised from Rs. 23 to Rs.100 per month. The grant of Rs.50/- was sanctioned with effect from 1st April 1893. There were 124 pupils on roll. Twelve of them were in the middle school. There were a staff of 5 European teachers and two assistants.
Documents required at the time of application/admission
Application Forms will be available online from –
11th January 2018 – 09.A.M. to 13th January 2018- 04.00 P.M.
Eligibility Criteria: The child should be 4 years as on 1st June 2018.
Step 1 : Please fill in the basic details required on the Online Form.
Step 2 : On completion of filling the form use debit / credit card / net banking to make online payment of Rs. 400/- . After the payment you will be able to download the Application Form.
Step 3 : Take a print out of the online transaction and completed application form, attach the following documents (photo copy) and submit the same in the School Office by 20th January 2018- 12.00 Noon.
Admission Selection / Regrets will be sent to your respective Email Ids on 9th February 2018. Kindly maintain a single id for all communication regarding the admission and refrain from sharing the same with other applicants.
Step 4 : Make a note of the application number from the downloaded application form
for all future correspondence and follow up till the admission procedure is
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE RELEVANT DOCUMENTS ATTACHED WILL BE REJECTED.
For further details contact School Office.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Parents seeking admission are hereby informed that the management does not accept donation for admissions. Parents are discouraged from entering into any financial transaction with any person/s who may claim to get admissions or influence the admission process. The management will not be held responsible for such transactions.