In the British regime one Agricultural Research Station was established in 1903 known as “Labhandi Farm” at Raipur . This Labhandi Farm had grown slowly and today it has become the campus of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur . In Between, Rice Research Station (RRS) was established in mid sixties. Later in 1974 Madhya Pradesh Rice Research Institute (MPRRI) was established under the able leadership of great rice scientist Dr. R.H. Richharia. Before the College of Agriculture was established in 1961 under the government of Madhya Pradesh and it was shifted to the present campus in 1964. After the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur in 1964 as a State Agricultural University (SAU) under the land-grant pattern of USA , the College of Agriculture became a constituent college of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya , Jabalpur , Madhya Pradesh.