MADRAS CHRISTIAN COLLEGE (MCC), CHENNAI established in 1837 as a School in the black town of Madras. The Institution was built and its character shaped by a host of Scottish missionaries such as Anderson and Miller, Hogg and Boyd. Many dedicated Indian teachers as well as generations of brilliant students contribute to its success story. The college is known as much for its academic standing and leadership building as it is for social commitment.
- The College is known as much for its academic standing and leadership building as it is for social commitment. Besides, the unseen touch of the Almighty has always been felt and spoken of by generations of students and teachers.
- Today the College has more than 5000 students (both ladies and gentlemen as they are traditionally called) and over 220 faculty members serving in 31 departments.
- It is a matter of pride that the institution is ranked among the Top Ten Liberal Arts and Science Colleges in India and also received the Rating of A+ (equivalent to 90-95%) by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL WORK (CISW):
- To promote cross cultural learning, enhancing knowledge, skills and research ensuring professional social work theories are relevant to major global events and local practice through multilateral, collaborative international partnerships
- To value equity, social justice, human rights, peace and diversity, leading to global leadership as agents of social change