1. DESH BHAGAT UNIVERSITY, MANDI GOBINDGARH IS CONDUCTING THE ENTRANCE TEST FOR Ph.D/M.Phil COURSE FOR THE 16th BATCH ON 21st June. 2020(Sunday) for the FOLLOWING STREAMS:
1. Applications are invited for admission to Full Time and Part Time Ph.D programmes under various disciplines. Please see website http://www.deshbhagatuniversity.in for details
- Teaching/Research fellowship available for full-time research scholars (for all streams) stipend –Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 21,600 per month
- Option to choose course work (intensive/semester)
Accommodation in campus available.
Note: Kindly Check the Slots available in various streams given at the end. The number of subjects and slots may vary. Kindly keep yourself updated with the website for the same.
2. Doctorate and post-doctorate fellowships are available.
Masters Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks. B+ grade at Masters Degree (SC/ST and physically challenged/disabled candidates will get 5% relaxation in Post-Graduation marks).
Students who are UGC/NET are exempted from the entrance test but have to register online before the last date of application and also appear for the interview.
As Per DBU norms, Eligibility for getting admission in Ph.D. Dental Sciences & Public Health & Ayurveda will be 50% marks in Post-Graduation Degree.
Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination but their results are still awaited, can appear in the entrance test but they will have to submit the original certificates of the qualifying examination before the commencement of the course work, otherwise, their admission will be cancelled. Similar approach may be adopted in respect of the Entrance Test for the M.Phil Programme.
- Registration for Test Starts w.e.f: 25th May, 2020
- Last Date for Filling Applications Form without late fee: 20th June 2020
- Date of Entrance Test: 21st June 2020(Sunday)
- Duration of Test: 11:00 am –1:00 pm
- Interview Date: To be notified later on
- The Schedule for Personal Interview will be intimated on the day of the entrance test. The candidates are required to get the schedule on the day of the entrance test from the office of Research Cell.
- The result of the entrance test will be declared after the conduct of interviews.
- The schedule of commencement of course work classes will be notified at the time of declaration of the result of the entrance test.
- All the relevant information regarding the entrance test will be available on the University Website www.deshbhagatuniversity.in.The candidates are advised to visit the University Website for regular updates.
PROPOSED FEE DETAILS
- The Entrance Test Fee of Rs. 4000/- should be deposited as per the details given below. Candidates are requested to show original fee slip at the time of entrance test.
- Entrance Test Fee: Rs 4,000/-(Without Late Fee)
- Account Name : Desh Bhagat University
- Bank Name : IDFC Bank
- Account Number : 10021693440
- Branch : SCO-169-170, Sector 8C, Chandigarh,160008
- IFSC : IDFB0021211
Instructions for Filling On-Line Admission Form for Entrance Test
- Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D/M. Phil are required to appear in the Entrance Test to be conducted on 21st, 2020
- The candidates can apply for the entrance test only through online mode.
Application through Online Mode
- The form for entrance test is available at the university website, www.deshbhagatuniversity.in.
- The candidates are required to upload their photograph, scanned copy of the certificate of matriculation, Master’s degree and fee slip.
- Upon successful submission of the form, Admit Card will be generated online. For appearing in the entrance test, the candidate is required to produce the admit card and the original fee slip.
- The candidates should bring the original receipt of the fee paid and the original Admit Card.
- The candidates are advised to check their eligibility before applying for the test.
- The clearance of entrance test does not entitle a candidate for admission. The admission will be finalized on the basis of the final merit list to be prepared after the conduct of personal interview and Checking of original documents of the candidate.
- The Question paper will consist of four sections A, B, C, and D.
- Section A will be based on ‘Research Methodology’ and will carry 30 marks. There will be 30 multiple choice type questions in this section carrying one mark each.
- Section B will be based on ‘Functional English Language’ carrying 15 marks. There will be 15 multiple choice type questions in this section carrying one mark each.
- Section C will be based on Functional Knowledge of Computer carrying 15 marks. There will be 15 multiple choice type questions in this section carrying one mark each.
- Section D will be based on the syllabus of Master level course in the core subject and there will be 40 multiple choice type questions in this section carrying one mark each.
- For the syllabus of sections A, B, C and D, please visit www.deshbhagatuniversity.in
- There will be NO NEGATIVE marking.
COURSE WORK FOR Ph.D/ M.Phil
- All selected Ph.D/M.Phil students will have to attend the course work for intensive/semester.
- The Candidates, who have done M.Phil as a regular student from a recognized university and have studied Research Methodology as one of the subjects, are exempted from course work.
- Such students are required to submit the DMC of M.Phil for the exemption from course work at the time of the interview. Students who have done M.Phil through Distance Education are NOT EXEMPTED from course work.
- Before you start filling the Application Form make sure that you have read the Instructions for filling up the Application Form very carefully.
- Remember that making wrong entries in the Application Form may lead to rejection of your candidature.
*Reservation policy as per Punjab Government rules.*